Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Bookbinding projects



One of my bookbinding projects was to make a set of three codexes that were housed in a book box. I wrote the books as well, the yellow book is about the history of cider and cider recipies, then there is a honeycomb one about mead and a red one about wine. It was fun, though a lot of work. I was one of the very few and the proud that critique day, pouring rain too I might add.

The back of my final project, a codex with a folio of art from each of the classmates. It's a quarterbound french stitched codex.

Shot of most of my dummy book projects lined up. From left to right- tunnel book, tunnel book, french stitch codex, coptic stitch, pamphlets, buttonhole book, piano hinge book.

Tunnel book. :) It's a sea serpent! Tunnel books are totally a pain in the butt to make, but they are pretty cool when they are done.

No comments:

Post a Comment