Friday, March 26, 2010

Events on the horizon




What a full week! Irene Gallo and Greg Manchess came down to Sarasota to judge the Best of Ringling competition, and give talks on this friday. I was there from 10am till about 7pm, aside from a break from roughly 11:30 to 1:00 when I ran out and grabbed some grub. In retrospect, my submissions to the show were not the best- I didnt put them in my portfolio, they shouldn't have been submitted to the show. I did learn a lesson though! Several, in fact. I think I will also make an effort to keep a physical portfolio on hand for events like this. In all, I feel like the winds are in my sails and the eyes on my ship are painted wide open.


I'll upload some new paintings and stuff soon, but for right now, check out this test piece of leather armor I made! Gonna make me some reference, yessir :)

No comments:

Post a Comment